Red Dead Online, the PvP component of Red Dead Redemption 2 that still is in "Beta" just for its first major update. This update introduces new gameplay elements, weapons and gear, balancing, and a mess of quality of life improvements based on player feedback. The update is put now and in-game.
- Rotating Daily Challenges have been added to earn Gold Nuggets and XP
- A new free roam event, Fools Gold, enters as well. Basically shoot the guy wearing the gold.
- The Rare Shotgun and Evans Repeater enter your arsenal via the Wheeler & Rawson Catalogue and from local Gunsmiths
- PS4 players also get exclusive access to the Jawbone Knife
- New outfits, boots, coats, gloves, hats, and vests are available in shops and limited time items will start making an appearance as well.
- A new set of emotes are available in the Wheeler & Rawson Catalogue
- Player radar and visibility has been updated
- Parlay and Truces are easier to trigger
- The Law and Bounty system has been enhanced
- And logging in before March 5th will also net you a care package at your Camp’s Lockbox or at the Post Office with Potent Snake Oil, Potent Bitters, Potent Miracle Tonic, Horse Reviver, Potent Horse Stimulant, Poison Arrows, and Explosive Slugs
And the newness doesn't just end with this update. In the coming weeks Target Races will be introduced, as well as three Showdown Modes: Up in Smoke, Spoils of War and Plunder.