For horror movie fans like myself, Dead by Daylight has been awesome this past year because they have included popular horror movie killers such as Michael Myers, Letherface, and Freddy Kreuger. But this, this I am extremely excited about because the next update for the game will be "The Saw Chapter" and I LOVE the Saw movies. While not Jigsaw himself, the killer will be one of Jigsaw's apprentices and will be able to place Reverse Bear Traps on survivors that are knocked down.
The fantastic thing about this new update is that it completely changes the way the game is played. Camping survivors hooks or playing ring around the rosie with the Killer like people love to do will only get you killed since the Reverse Bear Trap is on a timer. Either find the boxes with the key or die. You're also going to need to try and communicate with each other as survivors since activating a generator will also activate the Reverse Bear Traps.
Here is a rundown of the new Killer and the new Survivor, Detective Tapp
Power - Jigsaw's Baptism
- Forever devoted to her master's cause, she punished the ungrateful and the guilty with slyness and murderous puzzles. The Pig can move stealthily, dash in ambush attacks and put deadly Reverse Bear Traps on Survivors' heads.
- Use the Secondary Power interaction to assume a crouching position. While crouching:
- The Pig has no Terror Radius.
- Activate the attack interaction to dash and perform an ambush attack.
Start the trial with 4 Reverse Bear Traps:
- Reverse Bear Traps are put on Dying Survivors.
- Reverse Bear Traps automatically sacrifice the survivor when they trigger.
- Reverse Bear Traps trigger automatically beyond the Exit Gates.
- Reverse Bear Traps trigger once their timers expire.
- Reverse Bear Traps timer start when a generator is completed.
- Survivors can free themselves from Reverse Bear Traps by searching Jigsaw Boxes found around the map to find the correct key.
- Hangman's Trick - Your ingenious modifications to Hooks prevent tampering and permanent damage. Hooks destroyed by sabotage or sacrifices repair automatically after 30 seconds. Gain a notification when someone starts sabotaging the Hooks.
- Surveillance - Unlocks potential in one's aura reading ability. The last 1 regressing generator's auras are indicated in white to you for 16 seconds.
- Make Your Choice - When a Survivor rescues another from a hook at least 48 meters away from you, Make Your Choice triggers and applies the Exposed Status Effect on the rescuer for 60 seconds. Make Your Choice has a cooldown of 60 seconds.
Survivor - Detective Tapp
- Tenacity - There is nothing stopping you. Your ferocious tenacity in dire situations allows you to craw 30% faster and recover at the same time.
- Detective's Hunch - Unlocks potential in one's aura reading ablity. When completing a Generator, the auras of Generators, Chests and Totems within 32 meters are revealed to you for 5 seconds.
- Stake Out - Getting close to the Killer fills you with determination. For each 15 seconds you are standing within the Killer's Terror Radius and not in a Chase, you gain a Token up to a maximum of 2 Tokens. When Stake Out has at least 1 Token, Good Skill Checks are considered Great Skill Checks are consume 1 Token.