Gears of War 4 is getting it's second big update and brings with it a massive amount of new content to the multiplayer section of the game.
First up is that thirteen new characters will be added to online mode including the introduction of Legacy Characters. These are classic characters and skins from the older Gears games which can be earned in card packs. There is even a secret legacy character that can only be obtained with scrap. Some of these new characters include...
The update will also bring two new maps into multiplayer including an updated Blood Drive, which has combined the original with the Gears 3 re-imagining into... another re-imagining I guess. The other new map is another returning favorite, Clocktower.
Some of the other updates include new rewards for season pass holders and more punishments for people who quit matches early.
The other big update is that the Gears Packs are getting some chances including some reduced prices.
Here is a rundown of the Gears Packs changes from their official forums.
Horde and Versus Boosters - 400 credits or $.99
- We've seen some positive comments since we adjusted these values late last year and we are going to stay consistent with those changes.
Operations Packs - 800 Credits or $1.99 (Formerly 1000 Credits or $1.99)
- We have adjusted credit values to better align with Horde and Versus Booster values for Operations Packs.
Elite Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 3500 Credits or $4.99)
- We have brought the credit values significantly down on the Elite Packs to better align with the above packs. Players will now have an easier time obtaining these with credits. We have also re-tuned Elite Packs to offer better rewards and results.
Community Packs - 400 Credits or $.99
- These packs will stay at the current pricing for future events. These packs are similar to our Gearsmas packs.
eSports Packs - No Credit Value and $9.99
- These packs are meant to help benefit the eSports programs and our prize pools. We will continue to keep these at their current price point to help drive additional prize pool and event funding.
Feature Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 4400 Credits or $9.99)
- This one is the big change. Future Feature Packs will now have a much lower credit and dollar value cost. We are wanting to make sure these are obtainable by those in their limited availability windows. For reference, Feature Packs are packs that contain new content and sold in special packs (ie: UIR Packs were a Feature Pack)