Crusader Kings II gets an update
4/18/2012 10:15:00 PM
The "Standout Strategy Game of 2012" has received an update, as Paradox Interactive has released a new patch today for Crusader Kings II
that introduces a significant amount of new content and improvements. Among the new content is a new Crusade System, two new plots, more than 100 new events, six new kingdoms, new diplomatic options, a war contribution score, and the ability to see how someone died. Yes, I just said that. Complete patch notes can be found by clicking here
Crusader Kings II Updated
The Standout Strategy Game Of 2012 Just Got Even Better!
Extensive patch released for Crusader Kings II introduces new content
NEW YORK, April 18, 2012 – Acclaimed as one of the best strategy games of recent years, Paradox Interactive are pleased to announce the release today of an extensive patch which introduces a significant amount of new content and improvements for Crusader Kings II.
The key new content includes:
• New Crusade System – The Pope declares the war and other rulers can join the attacking alliance with the ruler contributing the most gaining the targeted kingdom
• Coalition Armies – Armies can now be ‘attached’ to each other after which they will follow the lead army
EVENTS & PLOTS
• Two New Plots – Plot to revoke your vassal's title, plot to cut a more powerful fellow vassal down to size
• More than 100 new events (Friendship & Rivalries, Regencies and others)
• Six New Kingdoms – Added the kingdoms of Frisia, Lotharingia, Bavaria, Pomerania, Aquitaine and Brittany
GAMEPLAY & FLAVOR
• New diplomatic options - offer to Join War, Matrilineal Betrothal)
• Causes of Death – See what characters have died of to determine whether they were murdered or not
• War Contribution Score – Participants in wars now get a contribution score which determines how much prestige and piety they get when the war ends
• Culture uncoupled from ethnicity
Complete patch notes: http://bit.ly/HR8h3I
In addition to patch 1.05, several DLC:s have also released today. The Crusader Kings II Ruler Designer DLC introduces a range of creative options for players including character creation when starting a new game, portrait customization, Dynasty naming, designing Coats of Arms, assignation of skill points & traits, creating a spouse & children and replacing a historical character with your own.
The music DLC:s Songs of Albion, Songs of Faith and Songs of the Holy Land have all been created by original Crusader Kings II soundtrack composer Andreas Waldetoft.
The strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II is available via all major distribution platforms and selected retails outlets with a suggested retail price of $39.99.