Finally! Over the last few years, I think I've had up to three DCS World versions on my PC simultaneously as they branched off into consumer accessible beta and release branches. It was a gigantic hassle to manage all of my DLC across the platforms, and I burned up a lot of my limited pool of activation keys. That all got better as they nudged each of the versions in a common direction.
Now version 2.5 released, I will go through one last big update. The list of things that I will get in return for the effort is lengthy, but merely having it all in one place will be fantastic.
If you have never tried DCS, it's a massive open world combat sim environment that focuses primarily on aircraft. It's a free download that comes with two airplanes, although only one of them is indicative of the high quality you will get if you purchase more airplanes. Be forewarned, though: the airplane in question is the training variant of the venerable WWII P-51 Mustang. That means that it has no weapons, so you won't be able to shoot at stuff. It does serve to make new players immediately aware of the steep learning curve ahead of them, though. It's tricky to fly, to say the least.
You can download a copy from this link.
Key features of DCS World 2.5:
• Internally developed graphics engine from 0 to 80,000ft
• Detailed map of the Caucasus region, including south western Russia and Georgia
• 20 fully-equipped operational airbases, millions of buildings and trees, and thousands of kilometers of usable roads and railway
• 156 free and fully operational weapons systems, 105 ground vehicles, 19 ships and 84 AI-controlled aircraft
• Free TF-51 Mustang and Su-25T attack jet
• Play all DCS World modules from one DCS World version
• State-of-the-art graphics with amazing lighting, shadows, and performance
• New breathtaking effects for explosions, clouds, fog, fire, and smoke
• Hundreds of land, air and seaborne AI vehicles. The world is your sandbox
• Create your own missions and campaigns for unlimited gameplay
• Mission generator included allowing rapid mission creation
• Enjoy multiplayer with friends, and even fly together in the same aircraft for multi-crew missions
• Mouse interactive 6 degrees of freedom cockpits for most aircraft and the most accurate flight models, cockpit systems, sensors, targeting systems and sounds
• New aircraft coming to DCS World like the F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18C Hornet, F-4E Phantom II, Mi-24P Hind, P-47D Thunderbolt, and many more
• Additional maps are available such as Normandy 1944 and the Nevada Test and Training Range
• Hundreds of missions and campaigns with new campaigns continually created
• Both realistic and casual gameplay modes available
• Virtual reality support