The Chaos Theory has some gold in it
3/22/2005 9:09:00 PM
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
or one hell of a long name for a game is now gold. Look for the game in stores March 31. I'll be picking up this one to try out the co-op mode. This third game in the series sounds like a ton of fun.
TOM CLANCYâ€™S SPLINTER CELL CHAOS THEORY GOES GOLD
Springâ€™s Hottest Game Expected to Hit Store Shelves on March 31!
San Francisco, CA â€“ March 22, 2005 â€“ Ubisoft, one of the worldâ€™s largest video game publishers, announced today that Tom Clancyâ€™s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory has reached gold master status on all platforms and is expected to hit store shelves on March 31, 2005. One of this Springâ€™s most talked-about and best-reviewed titles (10/9.5/9.0 â€“ Electronic Gaming Monthly; 9.9 â€“ Official Xbox Magazine; 9.75/9.75 â€“ Game Informer Magazine), Tom Clancyâ€™s Splinter CellÂ® Chaos Theoryâ„¢ delivers three amazing types of gaming experiences, and stands as one of the biggest videogames ever produced.
Tom Clancyâ€™s Splinter CellÂ® Chaos Theoryâ„¢ includes a single-player campaign that follows gaming icon Sam Fisher on his latest mission to maintain world peace, a two-player co-op campaign that redefines collaborative gaming, and a completely updated versus multiplayer campaign (that first appeared to critical acclaim in last yearâ€™s Tom Clancyâ€™s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow) and offers gamers complete immersion in modern stealth action and endless hours of replayability.
Tom Clancyâ€™s Splinter CellÂ® Chaos Theoryâ„¢ carries an â€œMâ€ (Mature) rating from the ESRB, with a suggested retail price of $49.99. It is scheduled to be available for the XboxÂ® video game system from Microsoft, PlayStationÂ®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo GameCubeâ„¢and PC, as well as the N-Gage platform, published by GameloftÂ® on March 31, 2005.
About Tom Clancyâ€™s Splinter CellÂ® Chaos Theoryâ„¢ The year is 2008. Citywide blackouts... stock exchange sabotage... electronic hijacking of national defense systems... this is information warfare, which has become the most dangerous threat to global stability. To prevent these attacks, you must infiltrate deep into hostile territory and aggressively collect critical intelligence, closer than ever to enemy soldiers. You are Sam Fisher, the NSA's most elite black-ops agent. To achieve your mission you will operate undetected, kill at close-range, attack with your combat knife, shoot with the modular SC20K rifle, and use radical suppression techniques such as the inverted neck break. Work alone, or enjoy the thrill of cooperative multiplayer infiltration missions, where teamwork is the ultimate weapon.
As the enemy evolves, so must you.
* EXCLUSIVE CLOSE RANGE KILLS: From knife attacks to athletic hand-to-hand kills such as inverted neck breaks, dramatic ledge throws and other new moves
* CO-OP STEALTH: Play online or offline multiplayer with a friend and coordinate your infiltration in an all new multiplayer challenge
* REAL WEAPONS OF TOMORROW: The most complete arsenal of weapons and gadgets from the knife to the modular SC20K rifle
* AMAZING REPLAYABILITY: Totally open level design with multi-paths and optional secondary objectives
* ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Intelligent enemies that make your mission more risky as you must get closer to them than ever before
* HIGH-RISK MISSIONS: Steal sensitive documents from under the nose of your enemies, takeout a terrorist surrounded by his bodyguardsâ€¦
* AS GOOD AS REAL: Never-before-seen graphics technology offers the best visuals ever seen on any console. Advanced physics engine allows rag doll physics, particle effects and perfect interaction with the environment
* THRILLING SCENARIO: In-game gut wrenching sequences and gripping plot with multiple twists and turns
* AWARD-WINNING VERSUS MODE: The universally-acclaimed Spies v. Mercenaries mode from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow makes a triumphant return with all new gadgets, cooperative moves, humiliation moves, and new multiplayer modes. Dynamic, evolving environments with elements like destructible walls and actionable triggers ensure that no two matches are ever the same.