Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
is full of interesting places to visit
, and with this new announcement, EA and 38 Studios are set to increase the number of said interesting places by 15%. You will travel to Gallows End in The Legend of Dead Kel
If you choose to undertake The Legend of Dead Kel
, along with the island of Gallows End, you'll have access to a brand new questline, new side quests, dungeons, three new Twists of Fate, eight new sets of armor and shields, and 18 brand new never-before-seen weapons.
You'll also get access to a brand new estate featuring multiple buildings. Most interesting will be your new household retainers that each have their own backstories and sidequests.
The Legend of Dead Kel hits Xbox Live, PSN, Origin, and Steam on March 20th.
To learn more, follow the jump.
KINGDOMS OF AMALUR: RECKONING CONJURES UP
PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND – FEBRUARY 29, 2012
FIRST STORY- DRIVEN DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT ON MARCH 20
– The quest for glory continues in Amalur! EA, 38 Studios, and Big Huge Games unveiled The Legend of Dead Kel™, the first downloadable content (DLC) pack for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™, the critically acclaimed open-world action role-playing game. Featuring a mysterious tale of intrigue, danger and dark magic on the island of Gallows End, players will encounter shadowy characters and new enemies, and will experience a host of new side quests, treacherous battles and exciting new challenges. The Legend of Dead Kel gives players access to Gallows End, a gigantic new continent to explore where players claim ownership of a vast personal estate and experience new weapons, Twists of Fate and other perks against new enemies. The Legend of Dead Kel will be available starting on March 20, 2012 on Xbox Live, PlayStation®Network, Origin™ and Steam.
The Legend of Dead Kel DLC and the story of Gallows End will feature:
· An Epic New Questline
– The Legend of Dead Kel is only part of the story of Gallows End. It intertwines with numerous side quests, multiple dungeons to explore and a colorful cast of characters
· New Enemies, Dungeons, Items
– Multiple new enemies and enemy variants, a new dungeon type: Dverga Fastings, three new Twists of Fate, eight new armor sets, eight new shields and 18 new unique weapons
· The Ultimate Player Housing
– Gravehal Keep is more than just player housing, it's a massive estate with multiple buildings and a full retinue of retainers, each with their own back stories, side quests, perks and quirks
· Tons more to Explore
– The Legend of Dead Kel DLC adds in more than 15% of additional land to traverse and explore in the already massively expansive world that is Amalur
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
has gained critical acclaim in its first weeks since launch. Claiming “Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
will be discussed when Game of the Year 2012 rolls around,” IGN scored Reckoning 9 out of 10. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
was brought together by a stellar team of creative minds that joined World Series Champion pitcher and founder of 38 Studios, Curt Schilling, including 24-time New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore who created Amalur’s 10,000-year history, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane who lent his signature visual style to the artistry of the game, and Ken Rolston, internationally celebrated game designer.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
brings open-world exploration and unparalleled action and combat together in the ultimate RPG experience. With near infinite combinations of destinies, abilities, weapons, items and special moves, players are able to customize their play experience to suit any play style. By reweaving their fate, they can retool and totally rebuild their hero in the midst of their adventure. Within Reckoning, players will immerse themselves in a world filled with extraordinary landscapes, mysterious cities, colorful characters and fantastic creatures exploring an entirely new universe where every building, tree, and creature has a clear and defined history.
Developed by 38 Studios, a subsidiary of Big Huge Games in Baltimore, Maryland and 38 Studios in Providence, Rhode Island, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is available now in North America and Europe for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Learn more about Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning by visiting www.Reckoning.com
or follow us on Facebook (http://facebook.com/ReckoningTheGame
) and on Twitter (http://twitter.com/ReckoningGame
About 38 Studios
38 Studios, LLC, an entertainment and IP creation company founded in 2006 by Curt Schilling, is developing an original fantasy IP driven by the creative and artistic visions of pop-culture icons R. A. Salvatore and Todd McFarlane. Entertainment products will include a massively multiplayer online game, novels, comics, toys, console games, movies, TV, and more. For more information, visit www.38studios.com
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company’s game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 100 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2011, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.6 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster franchises such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield, and Mass Effect™.
EA, The Sims and Need for Speed are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Mass Effect is a trademark of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. John Madden, NFL and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. Xbox 360 is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies. PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.