After being bombarded with Greek mythology for the last month or so (300, God of War 2, Rome, The View...ok maybe not the last one) it's nice to have a change of pace. Here's the official scoop on the game to go with the screenshots. Of course you can always hit the official website
for more info on the game.
Loki is a pure hack 'n slash action- RPG in development by Cyanide studio. The game takes players on an incredible journey through four great mythologies. Loki allows the player to take-on the role of one of four heroes - a mighty Norse warrior, a fierce Greek fighter, a powerful Egyptian sorcerer or a skilled Aztec shaman. Each hero comes from a different mythological background, and during the epic adventure of the game's campaign, the player will be faced with a multitude of varied enemies.
Hundreds of creatures and opponents of every kind have been created for the game, so the player is going to have to fight their way past mythological creatures including skeletons, giant spiders, centaurs, mummies, harpies, wild animals and a vast array of soldiers. The battles culminate in showdowns with formidable bosses such as Medusa, Fenrir the wolf or Fafnir the dragon. Each boss has a particular fighting style so the player must discover and target their weak points to be successful in battle. Players will be able to collect or exchange thousands of items, including 500 unique objects, such as Thor's hammer and Achilles' armor.
- An epic adventure through four great mythologies - Aztec, Egyptian, Greek and Norse - which allows the player to live through many of the key episodes that mark these cultures (the siege of Troy, Ragnarok, etc.) and setting him in the path of the most prominent figures within each episodes (Achilles, Thor, Akhenaton, etc.).
- Choose from four different heroes, each with their own attributes and powers. Each hero has a vast array of spells and skills to help him in his quest.
- More than 100 beautifully detailed monsters of all shapes and sizes.
- Dare to take on mythological creatures that struck fear into the hearts of our ancestors, including Fenrir the giant wolf, the Minotaur in his labyrinth.
- Weapons, being made of two parts (loosely "handle" + "cutting edge") and from different materials, can be customised at the village forge to change their combat characteristics. Magic runes can also multiply a weapon's powers.
- Multiplayer options let players enjoy the adventure with friends as part of a group or fight in PvP mode inside a dedicated on-line arena. Online challenges are also available to players for the ultimate dance with death.
Page 1 of 1