BattleTech: Urban Warfare dropships today. It's the second of three DLCs making up the season pass content, though you can buy it as a standalone, too. Our review is up.
The new city biome is the most drastic shift in battlefields that BattleTech has seen to date. Jump jets are crucial—or at least way more fun with them in the city. Lines of sight can be extreme with sharp-cornered skyscrapers blocking direct fire. But with city buildings sporting very few hitpoints themselves, it's not hard to expose that last enemy unit hugging the wall in that back alley. You just have to be okay with the casual destruction of civilian structures. It's fine. It doesn't come out of your paycheck.
There are also two new mechs. The Javelin is a perfectly unremarkable light mech. The Raven is also a light mech, but much more interesting for its introduction of an ECM package that gives it passive protection from indirect missile fire. You'll still get smoked from direct fire. But it's cool that it throws off missiles.
BattleTech: Urban Warfare is out now on PC.
Urban Combat, Electric Warfare, Raven BattleMech and more…
The second expansion for BATTLETECH is here! Are you ready to move things to the streets?
Available now: https://pdxint.at/2ZqZaAi
Experience new street features, the return of forgotten technologies, challenging sight lines, collateral damage and maximum destruction in Urban Warfare. Be wary of the hazards of city combat: explosions, floods and ECM are right around every corner!
- Urban Combat - A brand new tactical gameplay is introduced in street brawls, bringing ‘Mech combat from wide-open natural landscapes to the vast tangle of urban sprawl. Every building in the new urban biome is fully destructible, so you’re never more than a few salvos away from a new line of sight, or the defensive cover of high-rise rubble.
- Electronic Warfare - The triumphant return of these lost technologies will forever change the 31st century battlefield. The advantage is yours as ‘Mechs equipped with Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) and nearby friendly units are obscured from enemy targeting systems, and immune to indirect fire.
- New BattleMechs - The experimental Raven 1X sports an advanced electronic warfare package combining ECM and Active Probe systems into a lightweight component, while the Javelin is a compromise between speed and firepower, with close-range knockout power.
- New Flashpoints - A wide variety of new short stories that branch off and link together mercenary missions, crew conversations, special events, critical choices, and rare bonus rewards.
- Three New Enemy Vehicles - The Gallant Urban Assault Tank sports a variety of weapons to fight at all ranges with speed and agility, the Packrat is a battlefield support vehicle equipped with a prototype version of ECM, and the Rotunda is a reconnaissance vehicle equipped with a prototype version of Active Probe.