Grinding Gear Games recently announced the first expansion of 2019 for their RPG Path of Exile, entitled Synthesis. Available worldwide on March 8 for the PC and Xbox One, it will also mark the long-awaited debut of Path of Exile on PlayStation 4.
In this expansion, players will meet Cavas and help him recover his lost memories by fighting their way through them and then stabilizing them to collect a fragment of that memory. These fragments can be combined to synthesize dangerously unstable new areas to explore, in which valuable rewards are hidden; this includes a new type of rare item, Fractured Items, that has some of its properties locked in place. Players can combine Fractured Items in a device to create a Synthesized Item - a very powerful crafting base type that has implicit properties influenced by the Fractured Items consumed.
In addition to the NPC and items, new features include:
- The Synthesis Challenge League
- Betrayal is integrated into the core game as evergreen content
- Balance focus on spellcasting, especially around hand-casting
- New archetypes, Chaos and Holy casters
- 14 new Gems, including seven new Skill Gems, four new Support Gems, and three revamps to existing Gems
- Updated Atlas of Worlds