This past February I was able to review Mutant Football League, and Dave Gamble did the review for PC in November of 2017 and we both concluded the same thing: it was a heck of a football game. We both had some little dislikes about it (profanity, and lousy team name designations), but overall we agreed you won't find much better on the gridiron currently. Until now.
Mutant Football League is getting a major bump with the release of "Dynasty Edition". It is being released for Switch but is also coming to XBox One and PS4. The DLC includes:
- Retail Exclusive Team Content – New contenders are stomping onto the field, with the addition of two new teams, the Purple Mutant Eaters and Hexxon Oilers, each with their own arena;
- Dynasty Mode – Become the coach and GM of your favorite MFL team. Win multiple championships to become the leagues next Dynasty. Includes roster management, team salary caps, custom playbooks, player trades, cumulative player XP, free agent signings and multiple season gameplay;
- New Playable Races – Rampaging Werewolves and Hell-Spawned Demons join wisecracking Skeletal Deadheads, Armored Bruiserbots, Criminal Aliens, Mutated Humans, Monstrous Orcs on the field;
- Multiplayer Options – Two-player online or four-player local multiplayer gives gamers the choice to clobber one another or team up and crush opposing miscreants;
- 25 Unique Teams and Fields – Players can select from 25 teams (up from 18) including the Nuked London Hatriots, the Killadelphia Evils and the New Goreleans Zombies, and 24 unique fields that offer a slew of deadly obstacles including landmines, booby traps, fire pits, toxic moats and buzz-saws;
- Hall of Fame Commentary – Original announcer of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz, Tim Kitzrow delivers unforgettable, adult-oriented play-by-play commentary for every game;
- Dirty Tricks Gameplay – Players can get their hands dirty for an advantage, with tactics such as Bribe the Ref, throw Bombs, or equip Shotguns and Chainsaws to inflict maximum carnage against the unsuspecting competition;
- Multiple Play Modes – Punishing play modes include Training Camp, Exhibition, Practice, Playoffs and Full Season;
- Post-Play Mayhem – Players can keep the action going even after the whistle blows by bludgeoning opponents with brass knuckles, body slams, and rib-crushing kicks.
Look for the DLC on September 18th with a price around $29.99.