Arkham City patch kinda sorta fixes DX11 issues among others
12/7/2011 5:15:00 AM
Good news for those that play Batman Arkham City
on their PC using a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or 7. A new patch has come out
to address those nasty DirectX 11 slowdown issues that was plaguing the game and causing performance to dip to 1 frame per second at times.
The bad news? Those on 32-bit versions of the OS are going to have to wait a bit longer as this patch can make DX11 performance even worse! Holy bad patching, Batman! But seriously, Rocksteady's looking to bring out another patch soon to help those on 32-bit operating systems so hang on tight.
I did see a few crashing issues I experience a lot being addressed, mainly just hitting the start button. The list is after the jump. but let's hope they get the DX11 issues corrected for the rest of the OS population soon.
We have just released a patch for Batman: Arkham City PC that provides fixes a variety of DX 11 issues, as well as fixes for a few other non-DX 11 related issues. The DX 11 fixes will apply for the majority of players, however, some specific Steam users will experience issues when running under DX 11.
With this latest patch, Steam users with the following Windows Operation Systems should avoid running the game under DX 11 until further notice:
- Windows Vista 32 bit
- Windows 7 32 bit
Users running Windows 7 32 bit or Windows Vista 32 bit should ONLY use DX 9 settings until a future patch that addresses this specific issue is released. We are actively working to address the remaining issue tied to DX 11 for users running 32 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Major fixes that this patch addresses are listed below.
- Performance / hitching issues have been greatly improved for running in DX 11.
- An issue with players running out of Video Memory or encountering a Rendering Thread Exceptions has been address. This was primarily affecting 32-bit Operating Systems.
- A progression block after defeating Ra’s Al Ghul has been fixed. This was issue occurred primarily on lower end computer setups and described as Batman not readying his Reverse Batarang.
- A crash that occurred when scrolling between the Character Bios and Arkham City Stories has been fixed.
- A crash that occurred when selecting “Press Start” immediately when available at the Title Screen has been fixed. The issue was described as crashing/hard locking around the DLC (Downloadable Content) check.