Now Loading for the week of July 29, 2013: Quality Over Quantity Edition
7/29/2013 10:25:00 AM
Things are slowing down a bit as we close out July, but there are still new games to be found! The PlayStation Network is getting the most love with five titles hitting Sony’s digital platform, including a new version of Pixel Junk’s classic tower defense game Monsters. Take the opportunity to rest up this week as things will get hectic again next week and the dreaded (that is sarcasm) Holiday season is fast approaching.
Two recommendations this week:
- Pixel Junk Monsters Ultimate HD: While many gamers have bought this game numerous times by now, this could be the best version that we have seen yet. It looks and plays better than ever thanks to the gorgeous OLED screen of the Vita and the touch panel controls. We’ll have our full review for the game shortly but just know that if you love tower defense games, this is one of the most charming one’s that have been created.
- CastleStorm: I raved and raved about Zen Studios’ Castlestorm when it launched on the Xbox Live Arcade a little while back. This week it is making the jump to the PC and is will undoubtedly be more accessible thanks to the keyboard and mouse support. Even with out the original game is one of my favorite games of the year and I am ecstatic to see the its audience broadened to the PC. Do yourself a favor and don’t pass this one up.
This week’s full list:
- CastleStorm for PC
- Cloudberry Kingdom for PlayStation Network and PC
- The Last Bounty Hunter for PlayStation Network
- Narco Terror for PlayStation Network
- Pixel Junk Monsters Ultimate HD for PlayStation Vita (via PSN)
- Puzzle by Nikolai V: Slitherlink for Playstation Vita (via PSN)
- Rise of the Triad for PC
- Terraria: Collector’s Edition for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3