The Crysis 3
multiplayer beta has gone live today for the Xbox 360, PC, and PS3. In it, you'll find 2 game modes, Hunter
and Crash Site
, and two maps called Museum
, two randomly chosen "hunters" must defeat a group of heavily armed and armored Cell operatives with nothing but their compound bows and unlimited stealth energy. The goal for Cell is to survive until evac, but every one that is killed becomes another hunter.
In Crash Site
, you must capture and hold a location. This "location" is dropped by the Ceph and must be defended until it self destructs, and a new one is dropped in a new location, the battle then moves there.
You'll also have access to the New York Feed in the beta which allows you to track your progress and find challenges to complete. Your progression is capped at level 10 in the beta. To learn more, you can www.crysis.com/beta/
or follow the jump.
Become the deadliest hunter on the planet as today the Crysis 3 multiplayer open beta goes live for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. To celebrate the open beta EA and Crytek have unleashed a brand new trailer showcasing the tactical warfare and sandbox gameplay of Crysis 3’s multiplayer.
Crysis 3 Multiplayer takes Nanosuit combat and raises the challenge by pitting you against other Nano enhanced players. Vertical gameplay, game changing weaponry and total customization of abilities let you play Crysis 3 multiplayer exactly how you like.
The Open Beta includes a small sampling of what you can find in the full game and includes 2 game modes and 2 maps as well as all the unlock features up to level 10 and the ability to reboot your suit.
- Unique Viral based game mode with 5 rounds. A randomly chosen team of two Hunters. armed with Bows and infinite stealth energy have to eliminate CELL Operatives who have crash landed in the level. The CELL have one objective, to try to survive until their EVAC arrives. As each CELL member dies, they become part of the Hunter team and look to eliminate their former allies tipping the balance as the match progresses.
· Hunter tips: As a hunter, remember that the enemy is always on your radar. They can (and will) run, but they cannot hide! Remember, your bow is not a gun, although silent you need to pull and hold the trigger to charge your shot and get maximum damage from your weapon.
· CELL tips: You have motion detectors with an audible signal that changes as Hunters get in range, use this to you advantage. Each load out has different tools to help you to survive, experiment and find one that suits your play style.
- Capture and hold game mode. Single dynamic capture location is dropped off from an Ceph dropship. Teams must remain in the location in order to acquire points. After a period of time the pod will self-destruct and a new pod is launched in a new location in the map.
· Tips: Use the rip and throw shields from the drop pods as defense, or even throw them as a quick kill when the enemy team closes in. If an enemy team is dug in and protecting flanks, try leading with a grenade or other explosive, or better yet, commandeer a Pinger and lay waste to their defenses.
- The ruined remains of a world class museum, now flooded and overgrown with moss covered trees and plant life. Look for places to get vantage points and new paths such as across tree limbs and other non-traditional jump spots.
- A once well used launching off point for vacationers and business folks alike, now a dilapidated complex where planes sit rusting and baggage sits forever unclaimed. Watch out for open areas, and in particular when the VTOL is active, there are many places you can an unaware player can be caught out in.
NEW YORK FEED AND PROGRESSION
The New York Feed is where you can see your latest progress, accomplishments and feats as well as that of your friends. It is a place where your completed challenges are advertised to your friends and vice versa. Crynet broadcasts are also published here that inform you on what is going on in the community.
The New York Feed is also where you find challenges. You gain XP rewards for completing performance goals, successful use a particular weapon or module and more. There are 4 types of challenges and difficulties, with XP rewarded appropriately.
In the Crysis 3 multiplayer open beta progression is capped at Level 10, but don’t worry, in the retail game Crysis 3 multiplayer will cap out at Level 50.
Join the Crysis 3 beta at http://crysis.com/beta/
. Please let us know if you have any questions and if we can further assist in your coverage of Crysis 3!