Madden NFL 10
is a solid football game and EA Sports is brewing a second update to make it even better. They released some preliminary details a while back which you can read here
. Then, you can read all of the information released today by clicking this link
, but I'll try to condense the information to give you a little less reading.
- Seattle Seahawks home uniform now default to blue pants and also add the neon green option that they wore in Week 3 against the Bears.
- Tribute stickers added to Titans' helmets for Steve McNair and Eagles' helmets for Jim Johnson
- Double the amount of time a replay can be recorded
- Increased frequency of Auto Instant replays
- Reduce the number of times the Chain Gang Measurement cutscene plays
- Extend the time of postplay videos so that presentation of certain shots could finish (don't worry, these can still be skipped if desired)
- Changes to Franchise stats (increase TDs by HBs, decrease QB passing yards and touchdown passes, increased sacks for 3-4 OLB's, decreased sacks for MLB's and DT's, decreased injury chances for players with high injury ratings)
- Each players draft info can now be found.
The updates to the Franchise Mode will not affect any existing franchise so it should be a painless install. Hopefully this attention to detail and persistant effort will show up in the next Madden iteration. Too bad they aren't taking note of the 2-year development cycle that Nathan talked about a while back.
This update should be coming soon so keep an eye out for more information as the date approaches.