Midway recently acquired the Unreal license and they just announced their first game. Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
will be out for the Xbox on April 11 and features up to 8 players online in various multiplayer scenarios. THe melee combat sounds interesting and I'm curious to see if they implemented it as well as they say they did.
Unreal Championship 2â„¢: The Liandri Conflict
Midway Games Inc., a leading interactive entertainment publisher and developer, today revealed 5 previously unreleased screenshots from its upcoming first/third-person shooter, Unreal Championship 2. The highly anticipated sequel, Unreal Championship 2, is scheduled to ship April 11, 2005, for the XboxÂ® video game system from Microsoft with a retail price of $49.99.
* Bone Crunching Melee Combat. For the first time in an Unreal game, battle it out with melee combat thatâ€™s seamlessly melded with Unrealâ€™s trademark fast-paced shooter action.
* Renowned Unreal Weaponry. Destroy your foes with updated, classic weapons including the Rocket Launcher, Flak Cannon and Ripjack or utilize all-new hardware like the Grenade Launcher.
* Unparalleled Multi-Player Action. Battle with up to 8 players online in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag, plus new modes like Overdose and Nali Slaughter. Utilize System Link to play against others by directly linking Xbox consoles, or play with your Live account.
* Intense Single-Player Tournament. Play as a variety of uniquely-skilled characters, or take on the role of Anubis as he fights to reclaim his peopleâ€™s Ascension Rites from the omnipotent Liandri Corporation.
* Built Exclusively for Xbox. Over 40 stunning environments and unique maps designed exclusively for Xbox and UC2â€™s new mix of melee combat and traditional ranged weaponry.