XCOM: Enemy Unknown
was one of the most enjoyable games I played last year and was an amazing change of pace from what I normally play. Today, 2K revealed that we get to enjoy more XCOM
fun this November as a major expansion pack for the game is set to be released titled, XCOM: Enemy Within
. This time around we are getting tons of new content including abilities, upgrades, weapons, maps, tactical challenges, mission types, multiplayer content and more.
Here is the lowdown on all the new content you can expect
?XCOM: Enemy Within will be released in North America on November 12, 2013 and Internationally on November 15, 2013 for PC, Mac, Xbox 360 and PS3.
- New Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of your operatives:
- Gene Mods: Construct the Genetics Lab to physically enhance your operatives’ abilities including augmentations to the chest, brain, eyes, skin, and legs.
- MECs: Build the Cybernetics Lab to enable the construction of the new Mechanized Exoskeletal Cybersuit, or MEC. The new MEC Trooper class has specialized abilities and each suit can be upgraded with new weapons including the flamethrower and grenade launcher.
- New Weapons and Equipment: Give your operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from your engineering team and the Foundry.
- New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien classes including the Mechtoid.
- New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as MELD, has been released onto the landscape providing access to new research and upgrades.
- New Tactical Challenges and Maps: New tactical challenges are introduced across an additional 47 maps.
- New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create your custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate your opponent in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
Check out the reveal trailer and screenshots below!