In a recent interview with XboxWay International, Frank O'Connor (Content Manager, Bungie Studios) drops some good info on all of the games in the Halo series.
A handful of the info from the interview:
- Halo started as a RTS for the MAC and PC, but evolved into a FPS
- TeamSwat for Halo 2 was killed due to large population playing and a need to balance playlists
- Halo 3 will have better and more thought out counter-measures to modders and jerk players
- Halo 3 will have "more tools to record statistics and Achievements" and Bungie.net will continue support
- Halo 3 will not have a "cover" system, as the game is not about using cover
- Bungie may work on Arcade title in the future, but not currently