The History Channel Civil War Screenshots
Axl Rose once lamented the tradgey of Civil War and while he probably wasn't talking about the same thing as the upcoming game from the History Channel I've now got the song stuck in my head and I'm guessing you do as well
Immerse yourself in the intensity, carnage, and chaos of the war that divided a nation! Experience history brought to life in the first ever first-person action game based on the Civil War. Play as a Confederate or Union soldier in America’s most historic battles including Gettysburg, Bull Run and Antietam. Use authentic firearms, fight in intense hand-to-hand combat, place explosives, sabotage enemy artillery, destroy buildings, and more!
- America’s Most Historic Battles – Twelve of the most famous battles in the Nation’s history including Gettysburg, Bull Run and Antietam. Experience famous locations such as Little Round Top and Lookout Mountain and diverse landscapes including train yards, saw mills, military forts, trenches, towns and large open battlefields.
- Intense Hand-to-Hand Fighting – Experience the intense chaos of the Civil War including close quarters and melee fighting using bayonets, sabers, the butt of your gun and even your fists in the midst of raging battles.
- Wide Variety of Battlefield Combat – Enlist realistic battle strategies including line fighting, artillery barrages, urban assaults, sniping, stealth and sabotage. Set charges, place explosives, sabotage enemy telegraph lines, destroy buildings, enemy fortifications and more to complete mission objectives.
- Authentic Weaponry of the Civil War – Authentic Civil War weapons transport gamers to the battlefields armed with repeating rifles, multiple types of grenades, exploding artillery, gatling guns, revolvers, bayonets, muskets, sabers and more!
- Awesome Cinematic War Experience – Battles come to life amidst exploding artillery, whistling bullets, falling comrades and much more!
- Incredible realism and historical accuracy -- Battlefield recreations are based on topographical maps and photographs from the actual battlegrounds. Each level begins with a documentary video describing the historic moments in each battle, movements of armies, local fights, historical photos and battle statistics.
* The product in this article was sent to us by the developer/company for review.
Hi, my name is Charles Husemann and I've been gaming for longer than I care to admit. For me it's always been about competing and a burning off stress. It started off simply enough with Choplifter and Lode Runner on the Apple //e, then it was the curse of Tank and Yars Revenge on the 2600. The addiction subsided somewhat until I went to college where dramatic decreases in my GPA could be traced to the release of X:Com and Doom. I was a Microsoft Xbox MVP from 2009 to 2014