It's hard to think about the Wild West without thinking of HBO's excellent series Deadwood but since no one has licensed that game yet and HBO is ending the series after this season I guess Activision's upcoming PSP game is as close as we are going to get. Here's the official fact sheet on the upcoming game.
Gun Showdown is a free roaming action-adventure that expands the untamed West by challenging players to shoot, knife and dynamite their way through an epic story with new wireless multiplayer and quick-play modes, missions, and gameplay features unique to PSP. Work both sides of the law as a gunslinger doling out vengeance as you showdown against corrupt lawmen, a murderous preacher, a renegade army psychopath, and merciless outlaws.
In a world where greed, lust and murder reign, you wage war on horseback, hold up banks, collect bounties on prisoners dead or alive, commandeer and derail trains as the lines between good and evil are drawn in blood in a picturesque, corrupt West.
• Increased Depth of Gameplay – Players extend their GUN experience with five new missions for the PSP that extend the rich story as well as new weapons including mines and throwing knives.
• Pick-up and Play Action – Jump into a host of Quick-Play modes including Shotgun Games, Mission Challenge and good old fashioned Texas Hold’em, for a quick fix of gaming on the go.
• Wireless Multiplayer Functionality – Players can team up or go head-to-head in Showdown mode, which includes Deathmatch, Golden Cross and Last Man Standing gameplay features via the PSP’s wireless network capabilities.
• Broad Range of Gameplay – Multiple gameplay styles include: strategic gunplay and precision shooting, stealth tactics and use of explosives. Embark on numerous side missions to master gun slinging and horse riding. Players can unlock new weapons and upgrade skills and abilities to improve their weapon and equipment performance.
• Epic Storyline – Written by Hollywood scriptwriter Randall Jahnson (“Mask of Zorro,” “The Doors”), GUN Showdown’s engrossing storyline and plot progression will transport players back in time to the lawless West where they encounter ladies of the night, a murderous preacher, and many other characters.
• Experience the Brutality and Gritty Lawlessness of The West – Players battle their way through a harsh, visceral and unforgiving landscape that portrays the West as it really was. They can act as a gunslinger protecting righteousness or seek retribution as they face resistance fighters, local lawmen, renegade soldiers and vengeful Native Americans.
Page 1 of 1